Android native upload guidelines
If you are looking to upload a Native Android application to Vodafone AppSelect then you might find these guidelines useful. For each field on the upload form we’ve provided background as to the type of information required.
Details for uploading your application can be found.
Please be aware that these guidelines will change in-line with the update to the application submission process that was introduced on Oct 17th 2011. Read more about these updates here
Title (up to 30 characters)
· Each application should be assigned a title that is applicable and appropriate.
Application Owner (up to 30 characters)
· Your name or your company name.
· This is seen by end customers in Vodafone AppSelect.
Company Support Email (up to 30 characters)
· May be used by customers/Vodafone to contact you should they have any support queries about your application.
Categories (minimum 1, maximum 2 to be selected)
· Each application should be assigned to relevant and applicable categories.
· Categories represent how content is organised in Vodafone AppSelect.
· Ensuring you select accurate categories will mean that you are reaching the right customers for your application.
Short Description (up to 280 characters)
· This description will be seen by customers in Vodafone AppSelect.
· Each application should be assigned a description that is true, accurate and relevant to the application.
· Descriptions must not be misleading.
· The description must inform customers what the purpose of the application is, the key features and what customers can expect from the application.
Expected Data Traffic
· It is important to let customers know how much data an application will consume.
· To help them, we ask that you provide an estimate on how much data your app will generate per hour.
- Low 0-5Mb/hr
- Medium, 5Mb/hr-15Mb/hr
- High 15Mb+/hr
Long Description (up to 950 characters)
· This is optional and text here will appear after the user selects 'more' at the base of the description, where shown.
· The same guidelines as those for “Short Description” apply also for “Long Description”.
Keywords (between 5 and 15 keywords must be uploaded)
· Keywords are used to provide our search and recommendation engines with additional information upon which to select and present your content to the customers who are most likely to download it.
· Keywords must be relevant, timely and language variant (if applicable) for each application submitted.
· They should highlight the main features of the application and should provide additional intelligent and human attributes that are not necessarily the same as the words used in your description.
· There are no exact rules to keywords, but content providers are encouraged to consider direct and indirect words that are related to the application.
· Please also ensure you have the rights to use trademarked/copyrighted keywords.
Terms and Conditions (up to 1000 characters)
· Please detail the Terms and Conditions of your application
· Specify which languages your app supports.
· Supporting multiple languages opens up more potential customers for your application.
· Note: the language(s) you select here does not determine which Vodafone market you application will be published to. This information is provided later on in the upload process.
· This section asks you to declare if your application contains any materials that may need to be flagged to customers.
· Applications that contain any of the listed items below, but which are not listed on the form, will be rejected as part of the QA process.
- Over 18 content (non-explicit)
- Obscene language
- Promoting drinking, drug-taking, or smoking
- Depicts or promotes violence
- Relates to topical social, religious, or political issues
· You can provide the following localised information if it is applicable to your application (self-selection of languages you want to supply this information in).
· Localised information is not mandatory.
- Short description
- Long description
- Terms and Conditions
Android Archive (*.apk)
· The maximum size of the .apk file allowed is 300 MB.
· All supporting images must be provided for each application submitted.
· Please refer to thefor full details.
· Each application can have a video link supplied; this must represent the application accurately.
· Video links provide the customer with a preview of the application; an enhanced marketing experience of the application, prior to download
· Video links are not mandatory.
· Only a mobile YouTube URL, over the RTSP protocol, will be accepted.
· The maximum URL length is 500 characters.
· The video should not exceed 2 minutes in duration; and should ideally be no more than 60 seconds.