Top tips to drive downloads in Vodafone AppSelect
With the launch of Vodafone AppSelect we’re sure that you’ll be looking to drive as many downloads of your apps as possible. And by following just a few simple guidelines below you can maximise the exposure of your app to the right customers.
Keywords and localised metadata…
Rich, useful, accurate and relevant keywords and localised metadata helps us to drive the exposure of your content in two key ways:
- Our personalised recommendation engine pulls all your keywords (as well as other metadata like your title), grabs all the customer download and browsing data that we have, throws all of that into a wonderful array of highly sophisticated algorithms, and then highlights your content to the RIGHT customer, customers who are interested and more likely to download your content.
- Our search engine also pulls all your keywords (as well as other metadata like your title), slides them into the search algorithms, and matches them to what our customers type in the search box in Vodafone AppSelect, and then surfaces all the content items that match in order of relevancy, exposing the most suitable search results to customers and thus they are more likely to download applicable content that is returned.
Below we’ve highlighted our Vodafone AppSelect Top Tips to enhance your keywords and localised metadata…
In the Publishing platform upload form, you would have inserted keywords that are applicable for the content you uploaded. We want your content to have great keywords so that our search engine and our recommendation engine select your content when it is most appropriate.
Our top tips for providing and enhancing your keywords:
- Provide between 5-15 keywords (this is optimal for our recommendation engine)
- Check the spelling of your words (make it easy for Vodafone AppSelect, keep the spelling accurate)
- Provide keywords in all languages that your app supports; Vodafone AppSelect is across 9 markets so our customers search in a multitude of languages, and our recommendation engine loves relevant multiple languages as well, so let’s allow all customers to discover your content with ease!
In the Publishing platform upload form, you would have seen an area that enables you to add localised metadata for your content. We encourage this section to be completed as all the localised information you provide us with allows us to surface this to customers whose device languages are set to those different languages, or those who chose to provide search queries in different languages. This can not only expose your content more frequently, but can also make your content more appealing to customers.
Our top tips for providing and enhancing localised metadata:
- Select the language of the local metadata you want to submit
- Add all of the following in the language you have specified: title, short description, long description and T&C’s (if you have them)
- Check the spelling of your words (make it easy for Vodafone AppSelect, keep the spelling accurate to the language you are providing)