Privacy Notice for the Developer Marketplace portal
Last updated: 3rd July 2023
Personal Information we collect about you?
Developer Marketplace portal account registration data:
- User ID and Password;
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Your company details (if you are a Business Customer user);
- Country of residence;
- Cookies and your preferences for non-essential cookies.
When you contact us, we will keep records of a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, a Live Chat, an email, or other records of any contact with us, as well as evidence and notes we might create in relation to incidents and investigations.
When you complete the registration process, you will select a new password which we will also store.
When you use the Developer Marketplace portal, we will collect and use the following additional elements of personal information:
- IP address (IP Address associated with API is consumption device/server)
- Service usage logs data
How we use your Personal Information?
We use that personal information to deliver or bill the services contracted by you or your company our Enterprise Customer, for example to:
- Verify your identity when you return to the portal and want to log onto your account;
- Customer care & operations – to contact you with any technical issues or outages that may occur on this portal and/or help solve any customer service issues that you may raise with us;
- Deliver and manage product features and functionality that is relevant to you as a part of standard product lifecycle management;
- Customer relationship management – to ensure you get the optimal value out of your usage and experience with us.
- Service and Product Improvements – Using customer information we will analyse how to improve the API products service and how to improve the customer experience on the Developer Marketplace portal.
- Analytics are used to find out API product consumption pattern and volumes to calculate the billing of the services to you or your company our Enterprise Customer;
We might also use your data for our legitimate business interest to create statistical data and information about service usage that will not identify you and will help us to improve our services.
How did you get my personal information?
Unless you have provided us with information directly, we would have obtained the information from our Enterprise Customer, for example from your employer to set up your account. We might also need to collect information about you during the process of providing you with access to and use of the Developer Marketplace if this is required to provide you with the best service.
How we share your personal information
- Companies in the Vodafone Group;
- Partners, agents or suppliers involved in delivering the Developer Marketplace.
International data transfers
We will store this personal information securely in our data centre within the EEA (European Economic Area), which has been certified as complying with international standards on information security management.
If your information is accessible from or Vodafone sends your information to a country that is not in the EEA, we will make sure that your information is properly protected in transit. We will always ensure that there is a proper legal agreement that covers the data transfer. In addition, if the country is not considered to have laws that are equivalent to EU data protection standards, then we will ask the third party to enter into a legal agreement that reflects those standards.
How long we keep personal information for
The Developer Marketplace and associated Vodafone teams will store your information only as long as we are required to by law and will be deleted in line with the retention period of 13 months. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need to provide Vodafone products or services to you.