Age Verify Overview
The Age Verify API resource allows you to check whether a customer is eligible for age-restricted products and services. Vodafone only holds age details for certain customers, and there are some limitations:
- The MSISDN must be a postpaid Vodafone account.
- The MSISDN must not belong to a family account (i.e. accounts with two or more MSISDNs), or a business account.
- It provides a frictionless age verification experience for the user.
- It is the fastest way to verify a user's age compared to traditional alternatives.
- Cuts the risk of under-aged users accessing age-restricted content or buying age-restricted products
- Verify someone's age with just their phone number
How It Works
- A customer is shopping online and puts an age-restricted item in their basket.
- The customer is notified on the website (or app) that they must verify their age and insert their mobile phone number (MSISDN).
- The website sends an SMS to the customer to confirm their age.
- The customer clicks the link contained in the SMS to prove possession of the phone number.
- The website sends an Age Verify request to Vodafone.
- Vodafone responds with True/False as to whether the MSISDN belongs to someone 18 or older.
Use Case Examples
- Verifying a user's age before they buy alcohol online
- Verifying a user's age before they access age-restricted content